ESSENES JEWISH AND REAL

בס"ד This is a blog for Jews who feel a sense of deep identification with HaYachad (Dead Sea Sect). This group is for Jews who feel nostalgia and longing for a Judaism that was, and a profound yearning for it to be again. Our way leads to the Self-realization and, on an even more deeply satisfying level, the Mutual-Realization of Mashi'ach. That is what differentiates us from HaPrushim. NO MATERIAL HERE IS TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION. DoreenDotan@gmail.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tzfat, Israel

Thursday, October 13, 2011

JEWISH ANARCHISM

Judges Chapter 8
22 Then the men of Israel said unto Gideon: 'Rule thou over us, both thou, and thy son, and thy son's son also; for thou hast saved us out of the hand of Midian.'
23 And Gideon said unto them: 'I will not rule over you, neither shall my son rule over you; the LORD shall rule over you.'

Judges Chapter 9

8 The trees went forth on a time to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive-tree: Reign thou over us.
9 But the olive-tree said unto them: Should I leave my fatness, seeing that by me they honour God and man, and go to hold sway over the trees?
10 And the trees said to the fig-tree: Come thou, and reign over us.
11 But the fig-tree said unto them: Should I leave my sweetness, and my good fruitage, and go to hold sway over the trees?
12 And the trees said unto the vine: Come thou, and reign over us
13 And the vine said unto them: Should I leave my wine, which cheereth God and man, and go to hold sway over the trees?
14 Then said all the trees unto the bramble: Come thou, and reign over us.
15 And the bramble said unto the trees: If in truth ye anoint me king over you, then come and take refuge in my shadow; and if not, let fire come out of the bramble, and devour the cedars of Lebanon.

Doreen Ellen Bell-Dotan, Tzfat